ONS is the source for evidence-based standards and guidelines. We offer a standard set of policies and procedures, based on ONS evidence-based standards and guidelines, presented to you in a manner that can integrate with your electronic health record, intranet, policy and procedure manual, or other systems. This product is available in a choice of two files, including one that can be easily edited to include your practice-specific requirements.
Oncology Policies and Procedures includes the following:
- Continuity of care during a disaster
- Chemotherapy competency
- Management of acute hazardous drug exposure
- Patient education
- Patient safety and infection control
- Preassessment and reassessment of patients receiving chemotherapy
- Quality improvement
- Telephone triage
- Job descriptions for nursing roles
To learn more, contact ONS staff via the Submit a request link in the top right corner of this page.